Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context. But issues of legacy governance, contracting and organisational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high-performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programmes, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the programme and planning and delivering value using SAFe. Attendees will also learn how specific leadership behaviours can drive successful organisational change, even in government.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Government Practitioner (SGP).
- Transition government programmes from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles and practices using SAFe
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organise government programmes into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore large solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalise the mindset and leader behaviours essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context
- Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your programme or agency
- Advancing Lean-Agile in government
- Embracing a Lean-Agile mindset
- Understanding SAFe principles
- Creating high-performing Agile teams and programmes
- Planning with cadence and synchronisation
- Supporting programme execution
- Mapping the path to agency and programme agility
- Leading successful change
Included for attendees
- Attendee workbook
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- One certification exam attempt upon general availability of the course
- Lunch, coffee, tea and snacks provided