This course can be run in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch as a public or private course.
The cost for this course is $1800 plus GST, or the early bird rate of $1440 plus GST 30 days prior to course. You may also be eligible for group discounts should you like to run a private course.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
This course is ICAgile certified, and provides insights into the entire value delivery journey from inception in a portfolio of work right through to delivery. The course works through real-life scenarios and examples to develop business value analysis skills that are applicable to different types of workplaces.
"This would have to be the best course I've ever attended for several reasons. The content was spot on for me and covered what I needed it to cover. Bruce was an excellent trainer he was able to articulate the content in a way that was easily understood and particularly helped along with all the practical exercises. I also appreciate the offer of support after the course. And of course the food was delicious."
"The course was engaging and with the training Product Owners get clarity on Agile thinking and clarifies differentiation between KANBAN and Scrum. Also, the valuation techniques taught/ practiced during the course are very useful and can help in different nature of projects that vary in businesses."
This course covers several distinct techniques to support various project roles in delivering value at project and organisational levels, with some of the important outcomes being:
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of effective communication in an Agile environment
- Apply multiple methods for relating the scope of a project to an organisation's goals and how to communicate scope change during the life of a change initiative
- Apply strategies to create a shared understanding of the value context in the minds of all people involved in an Agile environment
- Explain what it means to manage value, describe the different meanings of value in different contexts and how value changes over time
- Apply techniques that enable initiatives to be strategically aligned with organisational objectives and communicating this alignment with the rest of the team
- Determine which set of factors around a change initiative can be important and need to be understood to make effective decisions
- Build a product roadmap and the factors that can influence the elements of the roadmap
- Understand how to think critically and about systems as a whole
- Understand the types of artifacts used in an Agile project and how to manage them
This course is part of the Business Value Management Track of the ICAgile (International Consortium for Agile) curriculum. Please see the ICAgile website for more information or call us on 09 354 4901 to discuss.
On successfully completing this course, participants will receive an ICAgile Certified Professional in Business Value Analysis (ICP-BVA) certification.
- A good understanding and experience with traditional Business Analysis techniques
- Have read the 17-page Scrum Guide (free from Scrum.org) and the Agile Manifesto