This course can be run in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch as a public or private course.
The cost for this course is $2400 plus GST, or the early bird rate of $1920 plus GST 30 days prior to course. You may also be eligible for group discounts should you like to run a private course.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
This course has been designed and developed by seasoned, practising Business Analysis professionals working in the Plan Driven and Change Driven Agile arenas. It is aimed at new Business Analysts and is designed to quickly inject our practical, working knowledge of what you need to know in your BA role in your team.
This is not your typical theory-driven training. It is hands-on, real-world learning delivered by senior consultants working in New Zealand’s largest software quality-focused consultancy – straight from the coal-face. By the end of this course, you will have a clear understanding of your responsibilities, some proven approaches to support you in both Plan Driven and Change Driven environments and more than a few tips, techniques and templates to support your success in delivering clear business value.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply a Lean Business Analysis Framework when undertaking analysis for any change initiative
- Distinguish between a business problem and a business solution
- Identify and plan the activities needed to produce business analysis deliverables for an initiative
- Apply various techniques when eliciting and modelling requirements
- Produce effective, testable requirements that describe the value to be realised by an initiative
- Communicate needs with User Story and Requirements Statements
- Identify the attributes of a good requirement
- Understand how to manage requirements throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage acceptance activities of a solution
- Understanding business analysis, the value of undertaking business analysis and the attributes of a Business Analyst
- Planning and monitoring BA activities including stakeholder analysis and communication
- Techniques for eliciting and modelling requirements
- Different ways of communicating requirements and different types of requirements
- Understanding attributes of good requirements
- Managing requirements through the project lifecycle
- How to verify requirements
- Managing changes to requirements and resolving issues
- Understanding how to achieve acceptance of deliverables and solution
- Workshop facilitation skills