HR – time to think bigger
John Olsen is passionate about HR’s ability to create sustainable change and build an organisation that can deliver a brighter future for all. In this compelling presentation, John explores how to make it happen. Rather than looking at yet more things you should do, he’ll help you think about:
- Building capability
- Creating capacity continuously
- Committing to becoming a scientist
- Mechanising curiosity
- Treating your employees as customers
Is this Twilight for you?
If you’re in HR or curious about how HR can be both a catalyst for and sustainer of change in your organisation, then book your place now! Even if you’ve no interest in HR, John’s experience at Tech’s Top table is worth your attention.
About John Olsen
John's 20+-year career in human resources has spanned a variety of industries, countries and business contexts – from growing an organisation 30%+ a year, completing a successful acquisition, scaling a business and HR team to be one of the largest employers in the US to changing an organisation's business model.
His roles at Amazon included leading HR during the hyper growth of Amazon's Devices organisation resulting in products like Alexa and Kindles. He also led HR during the creation and rapid post-launch closing of Fire Phone. While at Microsoft, he led HR during the organisation's turnaround response to the iPhone with its Windows Phone. Before Microsoft, John worked in the US and Europe for GE Capital as the HR leader on various acquisitions.
Since moving to New Zealand with his family in 2018, John's focus is to give NZ businesses the benefit of his extensive experience of growing successful organisations in different industries and changing environments.
WHAT'S A TWILIGHT SESSION?
Assurity Twilight Sessions introduce audiences to local and international speakers with new ideas to solve today’s organisational challenges. Together, we can bring New Zealand’s future forward.
- Our Twilight Sessions are open to all. First come, first served*
- Register now to guarantee your spot
- ‘Doors’ open for drinks and canapés from 5pm
- Presentations start at 5.30pm prompt and are about 50-60 mins + 20 mins Q&A
- Continue debating, networking and drinking until doors close at 7.30pm
* When all places are gone, we operate a wait list. If you are a registered guest and can’t come for any reason, simply reply to your confirmation email and we can free your place up for someone on the wait list.